Re: Kernel Update Breaks Wireless Access

Charles:

Thank you for the response. Fortunately, my momma taught me good! I do
still have the earlier kernel and am booting to that. As for upgrading the
krenel, when RedHat says there's a known security flaw (or two) and the
upgrade is intended to fix them, isn't that sufficient reason to do so? On
the other hand, as far as I know, I haven't suffered from the security
flaw, so maybe not.

In any event, as a matter of professional curiosity and professional
advancement (I keep and index all the helpful responses I get from lists
like this), I'd still like to know how to determine what's gone wrong and
how to fix it.

Again, thanks for the words of wisdom.

Randy