Re: A thought about psyche

Aaron Konstam wrote:

This is not a deep thought but something that occurred to me that I have not
seen commented on anywhere else. If you were a windows user you would feel
really at home in psyche. Most windows users get no farther than using Windows
office and a browser. In RH 8 there they are on the task bar. The main menu
looks vaguely familiar. You can run a program from the run option or choose from added programs which look a lot like the selection in windows. Sure there is
more depth than that in RH 8 but it looks like a real attempt on Red Hat's part
to sell the product to former Microsoft fans. The Windows office files seem
even compatible with psyche office files. Quite a clever strategy if you ask me. What so others think?

There are areas that will turn power users of Microsoft right off. It was really nice to see a VPN connection offered in "neat" in a standard install--but it doesn't work. (Missing a directory and a device, two items that appear if you install everything.) The VPN uses CIPE, not Microsoft PPTP--which makes it completely unusable in an already existing infrastructure...

Alan
--
Alan Peery
peery@io.com