Re: Importing Outlook Express 6 messages into Mozilla Mail 1.0.1

Lanny Marcus wrote:

> I am trying to Import the Messages from MS Outlook Express 6, for my
> main e-mail account, into Mozilla 1.01.  The Mozilla Mail Help says
> that one can Import messages from Outlook Express, but when I try to
> do that, the only format is supports is Netscape Communicator 4.x.

> According to the Package Management, Add or Remove Packages, for
> Graphical Internet Packages, Netscape is not one of the RPM's
> available for installation. Seems like I read in the Release Notes or
> documentation that was the case.

Netscape was replaced by Mozilla, and that's somewhere in the release
notes (maybe not psyche but earlier).

> Another question is what e-mail clients for Psyche permit Importing
> Messages and Address Books from MS Outlook Express 6?

I'm not sure, because I don't use KDE, but I was told that Kmail is able
to import from Outlook Express, and the files Kmail uses can be used by
Mozilla as well. The other possibility is to import the Outlook Express
mails into Netscape or Mozilla *in Windows* (because in Windows there is
a MAPI thing that allows the import).

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/