Re: CF card reader for RH8?

On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 09:52, Christopher M. Taylor wrote:
> Hello,
> Anyone know of a good quality CF card reader that is compatible with
> RedHat 8?  I'm not concerned with interface...the HCL seems to be a
> little scarce on this subject.  The CF reader will be used to process
> digital images for a local police evidence, and the Linux machine will
> be used to store those photos as evidence, as I feel that Linux will
> provide additional security over Windows.  Your help would be greatly
> appreciated!

I bought, Uno card reader.
http://www.picstop.co.uk/pages/products/cardreaders/smimagemate.htm
and although it's a UK site, I've seen readers that are the same shape
in other parts of the world.

It works perfectly, and it was advertised with Solaris support- which is
the only reason why I bought it.

The chipset is from OnSpecInc.

Although a Megadata card-reader doesn't work with any effort. A Lexar
card reader (lexaremedia.com? - can't remember the name or model)
worked  the same

With my card reader, pop-it into the USB; it would be as easy as. I
suspect in these things that the Compact Flash itself would always be
the weak-point in the system rather than the reader; but I've had no
problem handling photos of great sentimental value. While on holiday,
able to witness first hand compact flash which would corrupt pictures
(which Dad used as an excuse for a new digital camera). This may be
something that needs a bit of thought.

 mount /dev/sda /mnt/cf
 cp *
 umount /mnt/cf

--
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP     :	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=adam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk