Re: video problem

--- Linn Kubler <LKubler@ecw.org> wrote:
> Chipset looks to be S3.  When I looked at the
> XF86Config file I don't
> see the Stealth II S220 at all.  It does have a
> section for "Device" and
> "Screen".
>
> "Device" shows the Identifier as "Rendition Verite
> 2x00"
> "Driver" is "vga"
> VendorName = "Rendition Verite 2x00"
> BoardName = "Rendition Verite 2x00"

That is the correct driver for this chipset. I also
have a stealth II S220 and my section reads the same.

> The "Screen" section shows:
> Indentifier = Screen0
> Device = Rendition Verite 2x00
> Monitor = Monitor0
> DefaultDepth = 8
>
> Then there's a section for "Display".  None of this
> looks right, I
> selected the Stealth II S220 I'm sure of it.
>
> Is it possible to correct this without the graphical
> interface?  It's
> just unusable.

I have the same problem with mine if I try to run X on
it. I made that machine into a firewall box since text
works fine. I am thinking that the newest version of
XFree86 is what's causing the problem. Let me know if
you find out anything good.

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>