RE: RedHat 8.0 and TNT2 Ultra

I've had the dubious pleasure of doing this at least six times now.
Here are "David Willson's Instructions for the Ridiculously Impatient".
Yes, you actually DO have to do all this.

- Install the kernel-source, if you haven't already.
  'rpm -Uvh /somewhere/RedHat/rpms/kernel-source-something.rpm'
- Do a complete up2date, if you haven't already.
  'up2date --update --force'
- Download the kernel driver src.rpm and the GLX driver src.rpm from
nVidia's website.
- Build the binary version of each file with something like
  'rpmbuild --rebuild ~/blah.src.rpm'
  Take note of the location of the binaries as you build them!  It's
given in the output.
- Install the binary rpms.  'rpm -Uvh kernel.rpm'  'rpm -Uvh glx.rpm'
- Edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config to make three changes:
  - In the 'Section "Module"' section, pound (#) out 'Load "dri"' and
'Load "GLcore"'.
  - In the same section, add 'Load "glx"', if it's not already there.
  - In the 'Section "Device"' section, change the name of driver
    from "nv" or "VESA" or whatever to "nvidia"

David Willson
MCT, MCSE, Network+, A+, Linux Enthusiast
http://TheGeek.NU