Re: Camera tool with olympus c-2000 z

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 11:35, Jack Bowling wrote:
<snip>

> I think any of the various card readers out there will work. Apparently
> there are only two or three chipsets that they use and support is there
> for all of them. I just went into my local computer shop, grabbed one of
> the cheaper ones and plugged it in. Then I just had to:
>
> /sbin/modprobe usb-uhci
> /sbin/modprobe usb-storage
> mount -t vfat /dev/sdd1 /mnt/flash (check /var/log/messages after
>
> and I could access the pix any way I liked. Cheap and easy and no serial
> cables to worry about.

That does sound convenient. I assume the file access is faster than the
serial download speed, too. If and when I get a job, I'll look into
getting a card reader.

For the record, I did get the serial port to work. The serial ports were
owned by root and unreadable by others. I can't remember if that's
something I changed manually in my old system (RH7.1) or was done by the
OS. I think RH7.1 did it for the logged in user, but I'm not sure. The
other thing was the name of the port for gtkam. It needs to be of the
form "serial:/dev/ttyS0". I played with the command line args and it
finally spit out that info. I didn't see it in the docs. So the config
file ended up looking like this for me...

    [jweber@ceora jweber]$ cat .gphoto/settings
    gphoto2=model=Olympus C-2000Z
    gphoto2=port=serial:/dev/ttyS0
    gtkam=model=