Re: Wireless newbie

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 08:49, Charles Johnson wrote:
> I am running RedHat 8.0, kernel 2.4.18-17.8.0 and I have an Orinoco gold PCMCIA card with a PCI adapter card. I am trying to get this card to come up in the system. There is an orinoco_cs driver on the system, but I was under the impression that I needed an orinoco_plx driver for this particular set up.
>
> So, can someone point me in the right direction for brining up this card? I googled for information, but nothing struck me...I must be really dense about this. :-)

Charles:

Your long lines didn't allow me to reply properly, I suggest you to cut
them to 72 lines in the future.

On the other hand, I do have an Orinoco Silver PCMCIA card I would like
to set up. The kernel does recognize the card but after that I don't
know what else to do (i.e.: where to configure it, how to bring it up,
etc.).

Have you reached the point where the kernel recognizes the card? If you
have, do you know what the steps are to bring it up? Anybody?

Thank you for your help.

Alex.

--
ˇSé libre, usa software libre!