Dell PE2650 FTP install w/NetXtreme NIC

I was trying to do an FTP install of RH 8.0 using the bootnet.img and
drvnet.img diskettes.  The system booted fine of the floppy (made with
bootnet.img), typed linux dd.  I was then asked for the driver diskette to
which I inserted the driver diskette (made using drvnet.img.)

The system appeared to load the tg3 driver, which is proper for the
NetXtreme NIC in the Dell Poweredge 2650.  However, after choosing FTP as my
installation method I was prompted to choose a NIC driver again.  Choosing
tg3 I waited several seconds before receiving a message that the driver
failed to load.  I tried, tried again with the noprobe option, tried again
with one NIC disabled via BIOS (as there are two in the system) and
absolutely no go.  I did not have the CD with me yesterday, but I brought it
from a little place I like to call the Bat Cave this morning and
installation worked just fine when using the CD.  The tg3 driver is being
used as chosen by the RedHat installation and presenting not even the
slightest hiccup.

Is this a known issue with the floppy disk install?  Should this be entered
in a bug report?  Is there something else that I should try?  Anyone with
more experience using Dell servers know anything?

Thank you,
Jason Montleon