Re: 2 hard drives, swap ide controllers

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 07:07, James Gilpin wrote:
> ok.  i did a silly thing.
yes, you didn't post in plain text :)

> i have 2 hard drives and i am trying to move the hdd drive (containing
> redhat) to my primary controller and the hda drive (containing M$) to
> the secondary controller.  (the secondary controller has a ide cdrom on
> it and i thought i might be able to improve performance by changing the
> controllers)
>
> i changed the grub.conf and fstab files, but on reboot i never get the
> grub loader.  is it something to do with my mbr record?
Probably.  Did you only move cables, or did you move partitions?  If you
only moved the cables, then all you have to do is tell your bios to boot
from the drive with grub in the mbr (if you've got all your hd[a|b|c|d]
sorted out right), then "it should work".  If you use labels its much
easier.

--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>
Vulcans never bluff.