Re: Red Hat Road Tour

Brian K. Jones wrote:

>Oh my lord.
>
>Please don't judge all Americans by one sorry person's lack of
>experience with real beer.

Did you read my FULL post :)

>I am an American, but Bud and Coors are so far from real beer

They marginally lay claim to being  beer -- basically, they are P-water.

>Body?  How can even the makers of these beers claim that they have
>body?  I don't get it.  I guess if body was defined 'no body', maybe
>you'd have an argument.  Being that it's not, you don't.

Or body like water to be light and easier to flow directly to the kidneys.

>Color is not the same as body and hasn't been addressed.  Does it mean
>anything to anyone that I've seen much darker colored ginger ale than
>Budweiser?

Again, color like water so as not to offend and keep the kidney-filtered
result clearer.

>There are excellent beers from seemingly every country in the world.
>America included (though Bud and Coors are not them).  If I get to try
>half of them, I'll be pleased.

I agree.  Bud and Coors are my beers of last resort.....  I have had beer in
at least 6 countries and can order beer in Thai, Russian, Spanish, and
English.
Here in the US, I have had  beer from many, many more countries,
including countries like the USSR that no longer existed when I
drank their beer.  Most American beer is rather poor, with the microbrews
being exceptions.

Our neighbors up North have MUCH better beers....
--
Wade Hampton