Re: evolution 1.2 rpm for 8.0???

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 11:09, Alejandro González Hernández - Imoq wrote:

> Anyway, I downloaded and installed (in a test computer) all the Ximian
> Evolution's RPMs. It didn't crash randomly as the previous betas (from
> Ximian and from rawhide), but it still doesn't do very well with my two
> HUGE "imaps" accounts. I am not sure if it is the fact that I am using
> imap over ssl or the fact that I have *A LOT* of big subscribed folders,

I use IMAP/SSL as well, and while I *do* have a lot of folders, I don't
think any of them are at 80000 messages just yet.  They're not far
behind though.  So far, no problems, and it *is* faster!

> In the first place, it doesn't recognize my "mail/" folderspace, I have
> to configure it manually. Even after I configure it manually, I have to
> manually "subscribe" my mail folders so they appear under the account.

Hasn't this always been the case with Evolution?  I didn't have to do it
with 1.2, but I assume only becuase it was an upgrade, so it used the
old config files.  I've been using Evolution for over a year, and I'm
pretty sure I always had to manually do all of that stuff.

> After closing and open Evolution 1.2, it loses the "subscribed folders"
> and I have to go over them suscribing again. Evolution 1.2 also gives me
> some errors about the SSL certificates and sometimes (?) shows the mail
> but sometimes (it seems to be so random) doesn't.

The cert thing might be a site specific thing that has to do with your
SSL signing authority (or lack thereof).  Do you actually read the
errors?  Most times there will be an option to continue and accept this
cert forever or something.  Of course, you should check and make sure
the cert is good before you blindly go doing this.

The other kookiness sounds kinda like the unpredictability that comes
with running multiple IMAP sessions.  Did you have your mail client open
at home too or something?  I do this on occasion and see really strange
stuff.  Disappearing messages is one of them. Closing one of the IMAP
sessions brings everything back to normal.

--
Brian K. Jones <jonesy@cs.princeton.edu>
Princeton University, Dept. of Computer Science