Oval Screen With PNY Verto GeForce4 MX 420

I installed a PNY Verto GeForce4 MX 420 (64 Mb, an AGP card) in my Asus
P4T533 motherboard. When the machine boots I first see the Nvidia BIOS
message. It displays within a strangely oval, "fishbowl" shaped screen.
The left and right edges of the screen curve inward at the top and
bottom, leaving a bulging middle section.

Nvidia's BIOS message displays briefly -- then the Asus P4T533 logo
shows up in its normal color splash screen -- then a PCI device list
shows up in the "fishbowl"  -- then the Grub bootloader screen shows up,
in the expected splash screen. Then the kernel boot messages display in
the "fishbowl". Finally, X starts and the window looks perfectly normal.

Anyone else have this?

I'm using the drivers supplied by the stock Red Hat kernel. I know PNY
is offering Linux drivers for this board but I haven't installed them.

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA