Re: DHCPd

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:59:01 0000
"Stephen Craig" <sjc02r@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

#
# I seem to have continuing problems running the DHCPd on my linux 8.0
# box.  I have followed numerous online guides and copied or modified
# the dhcpd.conf file, tocuhed the lease file and enabled multicast.
# However the DHCPd service always reports a failure, no error message
# is generated (apart from copyright info and stuff on setting DNS
# option).  I have tried it now on two different machine connected to
# the same physical network running different version of linux and I get
# the same results.

Can you attach your dhcpd conf file, tell us how you are starting it,
tell us where you are seeing your errors, etc...

BTW, can you set your email to wrap at 78 line chars?  Your email will
be most difficult to read for a lot of people, and therefor they will
just ignore you if you don't.

--
Jesse Keating
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: