Re: FAQ for psyche-list? (was Re: PLEASE READ THIS (was: ...))

** Reply to message from "Mike A. Harris" <mharris@redhat.com> on Sun, 10 Nov
2002 09:54:30 -0500 (EST)

> On 8 Nov 2002, Brian K. Jones wrote:
>
> >Date: 08 Nov 2002 14:03:10 -0500
> >From: Brian K. Jones <jonesy@CS.Princeton.EDU>
> >To: psyche-list@redhat.com
> >Subject: Re: FAQ for psyche-list? (was Re: PLEASE READ THIS (was: ...))
> >
> >So since I've received a submission, there is now a single-question FAQ,
> >just to get us all started.
> >
> >Once I get more time (this weekend) I'll add some myself.  In the
> >meantime, whoever wants to can email their own submissions.  You can see
> >the FAQ by going to http://www.linuxlaboratory.org and clicking on the
> >'FAQs' link on the left.  You don't have to be a member or anything.  If
> >you get errors relating to anything like that, lemme know.
>
> Just a suggestion, as per my last email... To make this FAQ
> truely effective, I'm presuming with the idea being to point
> people to the answers to the most annoyingly frequent questions,
> please don't just add random questions people submit to you, or
> it may bloat out to a size people wont want to read.  My
> suggestion is to just take the truely most frequently asked
> questions from the list, such as the MP3 situation, and other
> similar things.  That'll make a much better document IMHO.

This is only a problem if the entries are not indexed. Otherwise, I can see no
problem with having a multitude in there.

jb

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg@shaw.ca