X widgets callable from shell scripts?

Hello,

I am looking for the source code of the XScript utilities mentioned
here:
<http://jan.netcomp.monash.edu.au/SW.html#XScript>

or for something equivalent.

That source code seems to have vanished. The only relatively modern similar thing
I have found is xask. Does anybody know:

*	where the xscript source code is

*	(preferred) if the same thing has been remade more recently,
	with more modern libraries/toolkits?

By "same thing" I mean small *standalone* programs taking
input from STDIN, displaying file selection/prompts/menus
windows in X, and echoing the selection to STDOUT, for use in shell
scripts.

	TIA,
		Marco Fioretti