Re: Sound issues 8.0

Frank,
	I'm a newbie, but I've got the same problem as you.  Aopen AX4BS-V mb
with the i810 sound.  I've read that the i810 chipset isn't fully
supported in the 2.5.X kernel versions...I think I read that on
LinuxQuestions.org.  Why the SBLive (which I have as well, and it
doesn't work) doesn't work boggles my mind, as I disabled the i810 sound
in the BIOS before installing the SBLive card.  The author of the
LinuxQuestions post

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=11cfb0aabadb9fd96d16117c4fbddefd&threadid=34493&highlight=i810

has found a hack to get the sound to work, but it's ugly, according to
him.

Chris