panel notification applet on a menupanel makes theauthorizationicon appear wrong.

[Ok, excuse my bad english]

When i deleted the normal panel that redhat supplied me with to get a
menupanel instead then when i created the notificationapplet on the
panel the icon for the authorization-stuff gets drawn so that only half
the icon is shown. Its like it thinks that the applet is much bigger
than it is. Do the notificationapplet not work on a menupanel?
I cant explain so good but its like this:

             ic
[menupanel   on     ]

Half the icon on the notification is not showed :(

Is this my fault or is this a bug? I cant configure either the
notificationapplet or the authorizationicon so i do not know what to do.

have a nice day!