FAQ for psyche-list? (was Re: PLEASE READ THIS (was: ...))

On 8 Nov 2002, Brian K. Jones wrote:

> I'd be willing to come up with an FAQ based on some of my own
> experiences along with the contributions from others.  I can post it
> here or on http://www.linuxlaboratory.org - I'm the webmaster there, and
> there's a section called 'Labs' where I put my notes and other stuff I
> think others might find useful.
>
> I'd be happy to host an FAQ there if people are willing to contribute in
> the form of emails to me or something containing a question AND and
> answer.

I agree a FAQ would be a good idea. I am aware of answering questions
several times on the list. But if you want to try maintaining a FAQ, I
suggest you announce it with a more appropriate subject.

To get you started, a frequent question that comes to mind;

Q. What happened to rhn_register? An error told me to run it and I can't
find it.

A. In 8.0 the functionality of rhn_register was incorporated into the
up2date package. Try running up2date, and if you still get errors, try
up2date --register .

	Michael Young