Re: issues with KVM switches

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 02:27:07AM +0100, Martin Stricker wrote:
> Michael George wrote:
>
> You should look for a smart electronic KVM switch then, which is able to
> mimick a USB mouse to all those computers who are not currently switched
> to the real mouse.

I don't think such a beast exists.  The Starview is an electronic KVM switch,
which sets it apart from other manual USB switches that I've tried.  Since
these devices switch USB, it's nearly impossible to try to emulate every
device that could be attached.

And in my case, it's a keyboard that I'm switching, not a mouse, if that makes
a difference.

If you know of a USB KVM that will do device spoofing, please let me know.

-Michael

--
In light of the terrorist attack on the U.S.:
	They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary