Re: True type fonts in mozilla./evolution

On Thursday 07 November 2002 11:53, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Well, if it is not documented clearly in any of the official Red
> Hat Linux manuals that come with the distribution in hard copy,
> or are available on ISO image or online, then I would consider
> this a possible problem that needs to get fixed.  I haven't
> looked in the documentation to find out if we've documented this
> or not, as I assume we have.  If font configuration is not
> covered in our manuals, or is incorrect or incomplete, then you
> may very well have a legitimate complaint, and I urge you to file
> a bug report in bugzilla against our documentation.  If it is
> documented, then I urge you to read it.

Actually Mike, this is not well documented in the Red Hat Reference Manual.
In fact there is no mention of Xft ... only xfs.

I can understand how this happened since Xft is relatively new ... code before
documentation.

However, it did take me a while to figure out just what was happening and that
took looking at a number of files and packages.  I am still figuring other
stuff out but it is through trial and error but I should not need to do this.
I hope you put some presure on the appropriate people to upgrade the
documentation for the next release.

BTW, you should consider putting that long email you wrote into the
documentation.  It is a good explanation of what is going on with fonts.

Gene