Re: True type fonts in mozilla./evolution

> Or prehaps some people just don't actually *read* the
> RELEASE-NOTES.  And I quote:
>
>      o Red Hat Linux now uses Xft for fonts in GNOME and KDE, which uses
>        fontconfig for configuring fonts. The old style Xft config file
>        /etc/X11/XftConfig is no longer used or supported, having been
>        replaced by the new unified fontconfig method of configuration. The
>        fontconfig config file can be customized by editing
>        /etc/fonts/fonts.conf file.
>
>        If you have fonts that you would like to add to your configuration,
>        you can copy them to ~/.fonts (or /usr/share/fonts), and run fc-cache
>        directory. The fonts will then be available.

I found your explanation and history of the XF86 font-stuff, that you
gave in your original reply, much more interesting en enjoyable reading
than the above blurb from the release notes.
It really made me appreciate the all work that Keith (and others) have
done, and feeling that something big has been achieved.

I would like to have you write the release notes in future. :-)

--Tino Meinen