Re: EMEA DVD

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Andrew Smith wrote:

>As for the US one not having everything on the one DVD - well

Don't spread FUD.  The entire OS is on the DVD, period.  What
useful purpose would there be to put part of the OS on the DVD?

>that certainly means to me that I wouldn't bother buying it -
>unless someone can come up with a good technical reason e.g.
>every other CD boots something differently Even then - all the
>CD's could still be on the DVD. Wow - sounds like a good idea to
>market and sell DVD's with ALL of the RedHat stuff on it - then
>anyone could show up RedHat.

Show up Red Hat how exactly?  By duplicating what is already
there?  Honestly, why not _look_ at what _is_ there before coming
up with these genius ideas really...  It's already in the box.

People are free to make their own DVD's or DVD ISO's of course,
just keep in mind if you plan on selling them, to follow the Red
Hat trademark guidelines:

http://www.redhat.com/about/corporate/trademark/guidelines.html

>Unless there was a DVD space problem :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

There is no DVD space problem.

--
Mike A. Harris		ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer