Re: vmware support

On 6 Nov 2002, Samuel Monsarrat wrote:

> Just curious to know what problems you guys have, for me (what I have
> seen so far):
> - vmware systematically crashes on shutdown. This is not fatal but is
> just annoying to me

See the vmware.for-linux.general newsgroup at the VMware site for a patch
to fix this.

> - I am unable to activate audio support. If I add audio support to the
> virtual machine then the w2kpro (my guest system) does not start and
> complains about gui startup and mga<something>.dll being corrupt (which
> is not true). The OS is up and running as I can access it by smb but not
> the gui.

This problem is addressed in the Release Notes for VMware 3.2.

> Sam.
>
> On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 18:39, Gene C. wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 November 2002 19:59, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > > This was my reply from vmware support.

> > > I especially like that 'fix'.

The crash on shutdown occurs in 7.3 with the latest update kernel.  If
they claim to support 7.3, you should continue to press them on this
issue.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences