Re: How to Change Vfat ownership and permissions?

The best way is to put in the fstab file to not mount
the drive automatically. this will allow you to have
access to de drive as the owner for that user that
mounted the drive... what? hehe.. sorry bad
explanation.. let me do it again.. if you have in your
fstab file:
auto,owner,users 0 0

then the user that mounts the drive, will have all
permisions on that drive. beware that if you mount as
root, you might have problems unmounting or writing to
it

Rigo

>Message: 12
>Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:23:10 -0500
>From: John P Verel <jverel@optonline.net>
>To: Psyche List <psyche-list@redhat.com>
>Subject: How to Change Vfat ownership and
permissions?

>I'm finding impossible to change ownership and
permissions on my vfat
>partititon.  Even as root, I get denied.
>
>I've fiddled with how the partition is mounted, to no
avail.  The
>relevant part of my /etc/fstab is:
>
>/dev/hda1 /mnt/vfat vfat
user,owner,exec,dev,suid,rw,conv=binary,uid=500,gid=500,auto
0 0