Re: Partitioning trouble

I'm not a partioning expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I
don't believe it will let you have that many primary partitions. If I'm
understanding you correctly, you are wanting separate partitions for
"/", "/boot", swap, "/usr" and "/local". With the FAT partition included
that would give you 6 partitions. Without using some extra partitioning
software you only get 4. I just deleted my partitions (other than the
FAT partition), let the installer partition automatically and all was
well.

Joe

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 14:24, Alberto M. R. Davila wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Some more details...
>
> I had Windows 98 installed, resized the partition with FIPS (~8GB for
> Windows and ~31 for Psyche) then ran scandisk with Windows 98,
> everything went OK. I then started installing the Psyche and using diskdruid
> deleted the ~31 GB partition and created the /  ,  /boot and swap partition in
> the ~31GB free space I had (Now I have some ~30GB)
>
> The problem was trying to create  the additional /usr/ and usr/local
> partition with
> the DiskDruid... I think it should work as I did that in another machine, a
> P4 with
> 80GB and also dual boot with Windows (that is running pretty well !).
>
> I actually have seen the /usr/ and /usr/local/ directories under  /  but I
> supposed
> that is the default installation of the server version... should I, maybe
> re-install
> and allow all the remaining space (the ~30GB) to the /  partition ?

snip