Re: How do I get off this email list!!

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Nathan Stahlman wrote:

> Ya know...you are no damn genius yourself...

	I have never claimed to be one.  Hell, I'm the dumbest person I
know.  Well, ok, not really the dumbest.  There's an interesting theory
about the relationship between techies and autism which a co-worker of
mine can expound on for hours.  I've seen the subject published in a
number of different technical journals, as well.  Generally it seems that
people who work in highly technical fields have a higher than normal IQ
but a lower than normal social skills.  I know that I fall into this
category (the lack of social skills; I have never had an IQ test so I
can't actually say anything about that category).  It's difficult at times
to interface with regular humans on any level, though I have been working
at it for some years.  If you go look through the RH lists you'll see how
my posts have changed over the last decade or so.  Still, I occasionally
slip and fall into bad habits, as I did with the post you replied to.  I
do apologize to the list for it, though.  It wasn't even a particularly
good flame anyway.

> I love the way you 'allowed' as "aloud"...

	Hey, if the spell checker doesn't flag it then it goes through.
As anyone who's been on any of the RH lists since the 2.1 days knows, I
can't spell anything with more than one litter in it.  I just wish there
was something like the old grammar programs that could run with pine.
Still, flaming people for the spelling is in poor taste in an
international list.

> DUMBASS...

	Heh, yeah, probably.

--
Your mouse has moved.
Windows(R) must be restarted for the change to take effect.