Re: RH 8 and Adobe Acrobat

Hi Brian,

Don't take offense from anyone here.  Most try to help.  I'm also fairly
new to Linux and offer the following:

I've just downloaded acrobat and the plugin from:
http://www.gurulabs.com/downloads.html and ran the rpm from a terminal
session logged in as root.  Did the following:
[local]su
[local]password
[local]rpm -i acroread-5.06-4.i386.rpm
[local]rpm -i acroread-plugin-5.06-4.i386.rpm

It put the Acrobat launcher in Extras -> Graphics and it seems to run
okay.  The plugin tested okay as well.  Opened up a pdf file from compaq
web site with Mozilla successfully.

This was all done in RH8.0 that has had all the RH8 updates installed.

Hope this helps.

Neil.

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 10:18, Brian Craft wrote:
> Are you always a JERK or just PMS'd today?  I have read the release
> notes and followed the instructions and it still wouldn't work. Why
> don't you quit insulting people and grow up and be useful in society and
> maybe you'll earn a little respect someday.
>
> Brian
>

> On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 02:33, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On 05 Nov 2002 00:16:33 -0500
> > Brian Craft <javaman67@acd.net> wrote:
> >
> > #
> > # Has anyone got Acrobat Reader to work in Red Hat 8 yet?  I'm getting
> > # an error refering to unicode RH is using.
> >
> > You would think a person who has a 28 line signature ( a good portion of
> > it being blank lines...) would be into reading.  The Release-Notes for
> > 8.0 clearly go over the unicode issue, and touch on acroread
> > specifically.  Perhaps next time you should read those notes, as they
> > aren't just space fillers (like some peoples signatures...)
> >
> > --
> > Jesse Keating
> > For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net
> > Mondo DevTeam (www.mondorescue.org)
> >
> > Was I helpful?  Let others know:
> >  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=jkeating
> >

> > --
> --
>
> Brian Craft
>
> Registered Linux User # 210286
> Linux Registered machine: 97873
> Yahoo Instant Messenger ID: bcraft67
> ICQ id: 129672292
> AIM: linuxgeek67
> Linux......the OS of Choice!
>
> Public GPG Key for javaman67 found at:
> http://www.mandrakesecure.net/cks/index.php
>
> "After you install Windows XP, you have the option to create user
> accounts.
> If you create user accounts, by default, they will have an account type
> of
> Administrator with no password." -- Microsoft KnowledgeBase article
> Q293834
>

> --
Thanks,

Neil