Re: local-printer-connection lost ...

hi again,
thanks - and have done so but the printer is not printing though I have the
entry in the printerqueu without any errormessages -

have also tried a rerun of printer system switcher again, but no success.
seems that the printer-install is a somewhat of tricky - isn't it ?

and I'm sure that the printer was running before this silly mistake - have
some printertests here.
in the configmenue I have the entry :"/dev/lp0" - is this okay ? then I
choosed my local connected printertyp = Epson Stylus Photo 700 and as an
option I have choosen the 4-color-driver-option as well as "A4" - so it
should print now - but did not.

have also done an lprm to delete all the old printerjobs so the queue is
empty - then started the "testprint" again - the job is in the queue but
without a real printing.
now - which possibilities I have here ?

thanks one more time and I'm shure that I'll do a backup of that new
printcap-entry as soon as I have a working printer back again.

bye hans