Re: Can hear xawtv, but can't record audio

--- Stephan André Schmidt
<stephanandre.schmidt@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

> Look at the file /etc/.aumixrc (or
> /home/xx/.aumixrc). Look if there is a
> line like
>
> line:100:100:R
>
> The "R" at the end is important. It means, that you
> are capable of
> recording the signal which comes through the
> line-in. You can also run
> "aumix", mark "line" and then press "space" to
> select P for Play or R for
> record.
> I have looked hours for this after I recorded sound
> through the line in
> and then noticed that it contains no sound. Aaargh!
> The default RH
> settings in the /etc/.aumixrc seems to be now "P"
> for the line in. It has
> changed from the versions ago. I really do not know
> why.

Stephen,
Thank you for your suggestions.  I tried all of them
but still no luck.  I think you're on the right track,
though.  It definitely is an issue with the line-in
not being recorded.  I can record from the line-in in
windows with the same setup, so the hardware is set up
ok.

Any other places I need to check to make sure that the
line-in can be captured?

Thanks for all the help.
Charles