Re: security level not changing

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, w wrote:

> I can't get the security level to change when using
> redhat-config-securitylevel .. it just stays at 'High" all the time.  I
> don't think it's actually high though, because I can use real player
> through the web, and the manual says that it should not work on 'High'
> security.  I have iptables installed, but not ipchains, and when I check
> services, iptable is running.  I also tried entering '/sbin/service
> iptables restart' after trying to make a config change, but when I called
> up the config, it was still sitting on 'High'.  Any suggestions as to how
> I might get this working as intended?

redhat-config-securitylevel is a front end for lokkit.  lokkit is a
write-only app--it does not initialize itself to your current
configuration, it always starts the same way.  So it's not a very good way
to see what your current config is.

Use "/etc/service iptables status" to see the current iptables
configuration.  The configuration is stored in /etc/sysconfig/iptables.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs@clemson.edu