Re: the old kpackage

Malcolm Hunter wrote:

>On Thursday 31 October 2002 14:56, Jim Christiansen wrote:
>

>>Hi John,
>>
>>I too have been plagued with this problem.
>>
>>On a side note, do you know how to get the old kpackage from the 7.x series
>>and others working in RH8?
>>

>Compile from source?
>
>Regards,
>Malcolm

Sent to this list on 10/11/2002

"I have succeeded in installing kpackage using the Mandrake 9.0 iso discs.

            BACKUP THE RH8.0 SYSTEM
           Use rpm -i to install the package liblcms from the discs
           Use rpm -U --force to install the package kdeadm from the discs

This replaces kcron, kdat, ksysv, kuser, and kwuftpd and adds kpackage
and secpolicy.

Kpackage seems to work fine so far. "