Re: key repeat stops on Psyche

> > From: "Mike A. Harris" <mharris@redhat.com>
> > The X server does not expect the time to go backwards.  Whatever
> > you run on your computer while X is running, do not ever allow
> > the time to go backwards.  If time goes forwards, about the worst
> > that will happen is the screensaver or DPMS will kick in.  If it
> > goes backwards, deadlock can result.

It's a pity X11 doesn't use a monotonically increasing value for
its timing functions (like uptime).

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 07:16:17PM -0500, Dave Reed wrote:
> Uh, so what is one supposed to do when we switch back to standard
> time? I'm not trying to be difficult, but really wonder to do. Are you
> saying we should exit X, set the clock back (or let it do it itself as
> it does if it's on), and then restart X afterwards?

No need to worry about this case.  The system time is kept in UTC/GMT.
Changing between standard and daylight savings time, or time zones in
general do not affect the system time -- they only affect the way system
time is usually converted for display or interpreted when input.