Re: cloning

On Fri Nov 01 2002 at 14:05, Stephen Liu wrote:

> I still have following questions un-clarified
>
> 1) Shall I install following 2 packages on hard drive
> mindi-0.67-3.i386.rpm
> mondo-1.47-3.i386.rpm

oh for goodness sake!  Honestly, I am close to putting you into my
kill list.

READ THE BLOODY DOCUMENTATION AND STOP WASTING OUR TIME.

please?

> 2) If No.  Where can I download their ISO images for burning CDs

<groan>

yes, install those two rpms.

read the documentation and it will be revealed that these two rpms
provide the tools you need to create a set of bootable iso images
that can be used to completely (or selectively) backup and rebuild
your box.

BTW, go to the web site and make sure you have the other utilities
that they also require.

mondo and mindi are easy to use, highly customisable, and they work
very well.

> Thanks
>
> Stephen Liu

sorry to sound as if I'm flaming you, but really... if you can't
(won't?) do "rpm -qip *.rpm", do simple google searches, read web
pages or the packages' docs once they are installed, then you should
not expect people in this list to hold your hand.  If you still
can't get anywhere once you have done your own investigations and
experimentation, then I suspect that you are in way above your head.
that being said, good luck - I hope you get there.

Cheers
Tony