Re: OT: mail clients was Re: ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 conversion

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 20:32, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On 24 Oct 2002, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> >I would have said the same a year or so ago.  At the time, I started
> >trying other clients because pine lacked the one feature that I really
> >wanted at the time: message threading.
>
> Bzzzt, wrong.  Pine has supported message threading for _ages_.

It sorts by thread, but that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm want the
logical display of threads, like this:
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/info/fancy.html

Mutt's had that for "ages".  Though I'm not, in either case, sure what
constitutes "ages".  I'm fairly sure that mutt had proper threading
before pine even had the keyword (which seems to have happened in what,
pine 4.3?)

> That certainly however is one feature that many non-pine users
> claim that pine does not have though (proving they've never
> actually _looked_).

I've used pine for years, since about '97.  I've looked.  I only started
using Evolution recently... maybe one year ago.  I still use pine when
I'm not at home or work.

> Feel free to suggest other features that pine doesn't have, that
> it does actually have if you like.  There's usually a list of
> about 6-7 features that it doesn't have, but it does.  Threading
> just seems to be the most recurrent FUD claim.

I don't have any reason to FUD pine.  It's a fairly good program.  It's
message composer is the best I've used, GUI or no.  It still doesn't
have proper message threading.