Re: geforce 4 mx440 on rh8

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Jim Christiansen wrote:

> OK everyone,
>
> My @$%%# nicely running RH8 install will NOT work with geforce 4 mx440
> cards.  My son's computer, a little old ecs k7sem rips along just fine when
> he sticks it in his.
>
> My motherboard is an Asus A7M266-D (duel)MP board.
>
> We have 4 computers in the house, all running with nvidia tnt2,gf2, and
> gf4mx boards using the tars from nvidia.com.  I don't think that the open GL
> set up is the prob...
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?

I had no problem installing (graphically) on the presumably related
geforce4 go440 card, and the system worked with both with the native vesa
driver and by building the latest nvidia driver. The only catch I found
was that the vesa driver wouldn't start once the nvidia glx software was
installed, presumably because of the displaced opengl libraries.

	Michael Young