Re: Too much antialiasing

Jason,

Sorry I couldn't help. BTW what was the process you used to re-build the
SRPM correctly. I've never had to rebuild an SRPM :) and any help would be
appreciated. Thanks!

**************************
Kevin Lisciotti, CISSP
IT Audit - FRB Boston
617-973-3039
**************************

Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@math.uh.edu>
Sent by: psyche-list-admin@redhat.com
10/31/2002 12:31 PM
Please respond to psyche-list

        To:     psyche-list@redhat.com
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Too much antialiasing

KL> I'm experiencing the same problems. I've looked at Bugzilla #76057
KL> which supposedly addresses this issue, but haven't tried any of
KL> them as of yet.

76057 doesn't seem to apply to what I'm seeing; the complaint there
seems to be that non-AA fonts are ugly.  I'm not having a problem with
the quality of the outline generation; that looks fine (and even
better once the bytecode interpreter is turned on and the webfonts are
in place).

Instead I'm having problems with freetype not snapping vertical
elements to the pixel grid.  For example, a lowercase ell (which is
just a vertical line of pixels in the font I'm using) is not snapped
to either a one or two pixel width; instead it has a non-integer width
which is approximated by drawing one black line and one grey line next
to it.  A sample is at
http://www.math.uh.edu/~tibbs/rh8-poor-fonts.gif

 - J<