Re: Mutt: thread mode line chars in term window

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:45:50PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> > >  xterm
> > >  gnome-terminal
> > >  multi-gnome-terminal
> > >
> > Sorry to retract this, but I usually ssh to another system and read
> > mail from it (terminal runs locally). That works fine. Reading with a
> > local mutt does not show the line drawing characters in any of the
> > above terminals. More interesting, the box with mail that I ssh to, is
> > RH7.2, and I copied the mutt src.rpm from 8.0 and rebuilt it there. So
> > they are same version, and identical .muttrc's on both.
>
> Works for me in gnome-terminal. We'd need to know:
>
> a) running locally or remotely

The terminal apps (as above), are running locally. The difference is
whether mutt is, or not. Locally on 8.0, threading is broken. Same
version of mutt built on 7.2, running remotely works fine.

> b) $TERM setting in the terminal

xterm1, but tried xterm also.

> c) what terminal it is

See above. The same effect in all. Threading looks like:

  !>
    *>

With UTF-8 is much more bizarre with random characters before the '>'.

> d) what locale you're running in
> (possibly)

hal@cadillac hal]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="en_US"
SUPPORTED="en_US:en"
SYSFONT="lat0-sun16"
SYSFONTACM="iso01"
LC_COLLATE="C"

That is from upgraded 7.3, which I think I tinkered with at the time,
but not since.

> e) what font you're using

Tried lucidatypewriter (my normal preference), also Luxi Mono, and
courier.

I've played with a few mutt settings too, $charset (unset at moment),
etc.

Mutt is built from same source rpm (the 8.0 one) on both machines, but
includes the compressed folders patch.

mutt -v

Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  +USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  +USE_SASL
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  -HAVE_START_COLOR  -HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  -HAVE_BKGDSET
-HAVE_CURS_SET  -HAVE_META  -HAVE_RESIZETERM
+HAVE_PGP  -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +COMPRESSED  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS
+HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
 +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  +HAVE_GETSID  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO

--
Hal Burgiss