Re: flashplayer plugin

Il mer, 2002-10-30 alle 15:36, Alexander Volovics ha scritto:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 03:22:33PM +0100, Mario Torre wrote:
>
> > > What exactly does xpti.dat do, and does removing it have any
> > > consequences. The file xpti.dat itself is not very informative.
>
> > I don't know what xpti.dat does, but if it's there, there should be a
> > reason!
>
> I didn't remove it either, reasoning that if it is included in mozilla
> it serves some purpose. But the Flash folks might also have some reason
> why it would be advisable to remove it.
>
> Alexander

Yes, I think too... There are two otpions:

Try to remove it and see if mozilla does something weird
Try to leave it and see if flash does something weird

After all, the plugin is in beta, it just can simply blow out your
computer and turn it into a toaster.

Anyway, a rapid search on google found that xpti.dat is the XPCOM
typelib information catalog
(http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.0.1/).

But I don't know if it's safe to remove it or not, really. Being in
doubt, I keep it (it's better to broke flash than to broke mozilla, I
think).

Ciao,
Mario