RH8/KDE/evolution: intermittent mouse-click issue?

Hi,

In psyche, I have Evolution 1.0.8, which I also used in 7.3, and 7.2
(though the earlier versions were built by me).  My issue is that I have
my message list, and I have my preview pane, so I never double-click
anything in the message list, because I never want to open a new window
to view a message.  However, sometimes it seems a single click in the
message list will register as a double click, and I'll get a new window
for the message.  This is unbelievably annoying.

Anyone know a fix?  Maybe this is a general issue in Psyche/KDE3?  I
have a Microsoft optical intellimouse, by the way. :)

--

Brian K. Jones
System Administrator