cut-n-paste fails from webpage with "emdash" character

Hi all,

I was trying to cut'n'paste with the mouse from the webapge
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/custom-guide/s1-dhcp-configuring-server.html
into an xterm, and found that the "emdash" characters (the extra-long
hyphens represented by the HTML character reference — prevent
pasting of the text if they are included in the selection.

For example the sentence below from that URL (where I've replaced the
emdash with two endashes):

"Two DNS update schemes are currently implemented -- the ad-hoc DNS update
mode and the interim DHCP-DNS interaction draft update"

Pasting fails whether using the middle-mouse button, or trying to use the
Edit->Paste provided by the xterm in its menus.  Pasting other text
without included emdashes works fine.

Does anyone else get this problem?

Oisin Feeley