Re: DNS-setup - need a little help ...

hi Frank,
2 weeks ago you sent me this mail, but have heard nothing from you so
I'll ask you now, if you can send me your docs or some helpings for
setup a DNS for my LAN using rh 8.0.

In the meantime I have tried to do a setup with the "Server Setup-Tool"
but there are some critical points I does NOT know how to answer the
needed fields.
Therefore the first tryout results in some errormessages after "service
named start"

and a "host mozart" tells me that :
;; connection timed out; non servers could be reached

Am somewhat of confused now, because cannot find any hints about what I
have to write in the needed fields of these setup-GUI's.

The doc of setting up a Nameserver does only say, that this doc is NOT
designed for beginners but have to have to know what I am doing.

And I am a beginner - not an experienced DNS-admin. am sorry about but
it is true.

hope for some helpings now and bye
hans