Re: OT Xbox Live Ports

Here's some links to information...

http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/beta/FAQ.htm says:

Is it really necessary for the three ports mentioned in Troubleshooting (UDP
88, UDP 3074, and TCP 3074) to be opened for Xbox Live to work properly?

Most cable/DSL routers implement Network Address Translation (NAT), as does
Windows Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). For NAT devices, no port
forwarding is required for Xbox Live to work. Port forwarding is required
only if you are running a proxy server or true firewall instead of or in
addition to a NAT.

http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/beta/tshoot-b.htm says:

Your router's built-in firewall is blocking the ports required for Xbox
Live.

A firewall is a security system that acts as a protective boundary between a
network and the outside world by blocking network traffic on certain ports.

Connect your Xbox console directly to your modem (bypassing the router) and
test to see if the problem is resolved.

If you are able to connect to the network when bypassing your router, you
may need to configure your router to allow network communication on the
specific ports required for Xbox Live. For Xbox Live to work correctly, the
following ports need to be open:

• UDP 88
• UDP 3074
• TCP 3074

Consult your router documentation or router manufacturer for information
about how to open the required ports. If you have leased your router from
your ISP, contact your ISP for assistance.

Hope that helps!
BB.