Re: Konqueror plugins

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 08:42, Warren Togami wrote:
> [...]
>
> I think it isn't possible to get old plugins to work in Konqueror
> because it was compiled with GCC 3.2.  You will need to convince the
> vendor to supply a GCC 3.2 compiled version.  I highly doubt they would
> do so.
>
> It works in Mozilla only because it is compiled with the old GCC 2.96.

Hello Warren,
this was true until kde 3.0.4.
This release include a work around that allows plugins to be executed
also if compiled with different version of the compiler that compiled
KDE (i.e. GCC 3.2).

We installed kde 3.0.4 from rawhide, the problem anyway it's not that
the plugin does not work, it's that it's impossible to access the
preference page "netscape plugins" in the control panel of konqueror.
This page (if I remember well) is the one where you can set the search
path for plugins and some other options related to the use of netscape
plugins (so, it does not use the plugin itself).

I'm still looking for a way to solve this issue, any help is very
welcome.

Alex