upgrade w/ sw raid working?

Are upgrades on systems with sw raid0/1/5 supposed to work with 8.0?

I've updated several of my machines to psyche over the past few weeks, and
was about ready to take care of the main box which is running 7.3.  It's
got one big raid5 partition for data, and /usr /and /var are striped md
devices.

When I try to upgrade, anaconda gives me error dialogs with

   /dev/sdc2: invalid argument

For *all* constituent partitions of the 3 md devices.  It then tells me
filesystems can't be mounted (or similar wording) and I have to reboot.

If it was just the data partition, I'd upgrade then mount it later perhaps,
but the striped /usr and /var make that not an option.

I didn't see anything in bugzilla offhand....

(I've upgraded this same box on prior 7.x releases...)

--
 Edwin Huffstutler
 edwinh@computer.org   GnuPG Key ID: AE782DC9