OT: mail clients was Re: ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 conversion

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 12:44, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> For the record, I have used PINE for 8 years and am hopelessly
> hooked on it for email.  I have tried every piece of open source
> software out there as a potential replacement, and none of them
> work in a manner that is acceptable to me.  So, while I hate the
> PINE license, the closed "black pit" development model, lack of
> access to developmental CVS sources, etc. - I do love the program
> itself.  I just wont have any part of enhancing it however, as it
> is not open source software, and I am an open source advocate.

I would have said the same a year or so ago.  At the time, I started
trying other clients because pine lacked the one feature that I really
wanted at the time: message threading.  Mutt has it, and I was looking
at some configuration files I'd found that made its keybindings
basically the same as pine's, but I ended up using Evolution (at least
when I'm using X).  It's a very good program, except for the mail
composer, which is less useful than MS Notepad.

It's almost (and I mean it) enough to make me continue looking at
mutt  :)