an HOWTO for CPU/compiler optimizations?

Hello,

I've read with great interest the discussion about optimized
compilations for this or that CPU inside the "i386 kernel not
included" thread. We are still discussing the consequences for the RULE
project in our mailing list, but in the meantime I'd like to ask to
those who contributed to that discussion (Mike Harris and others) if
they could find some time to take that whole thread, reformat it as
readable text without quotes, repetitions, etc..., and put it online
somewhere as an HOWTO or something. While I candidly admit that I
personally understood less than half of what you real programmers
said, I have the impression that it can be very useful for a lot of
people, even non RH users, isn't it?

Of course, if all that is already written as a single text, just
provide the URL.

Thank you in advance,

	Marco Fioretti

Red Hat for low memory: www.rule-project.org/en/