Palm Hot-Synching

Okay, this is about to drive me to drink. I am trying to synchronise my
Treo 90 to RH8 on my laptop. I got it to work successfully twice, but
now it doesn't work anymore and I'm going crazy!

Okay, I've done all the normal stuff for IR hotsync - made a symlink
from /dev/ttyS1 to /dev/irda and from /dev/ircomm0 to /dev/pilot. Did
irattach to /dev/ttyS1. Have irda daemon running. But no hot sync.

I have a pcmcia modem in this machine that's on /dev/ttyS2 and the two
times I got my PDA to sync, I removed this modem. However, even removing
the modem now doesn't work.

Sometimes, the PDA will announce that it's unable to connect due to the
port being in use by another application, other times it just times out
while trying to attach.

This is all trying with gnome-pilot that I set up from within Evolution.

And don't even get me started on USB which has never worked, ever.

Any ideas? Anyone got a PDA working with either IR or USB?

Don