Recompiling the Kernel

Hello,

I just installed my Red Hat 8.0 system last night and wanted to upgrade
the kernel to my own custom kernel and when I tried to do a "make
menuconfig", it said that gcc wasn't found and that I needed ncurses to
be installed in order for the menu program to function. However, upon
doing an rpm -q ncurses, I found out that it was installed, however GCC
was not installed. Can I just safely grab the gcc rpm from rpmfind.net
for 8.0, install it and be good to go, or is there another step(s) that
I have to do in order to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.
I look forward to your responses. Thanks.

-- Jonathan

--
Jonathan M. Slivko
Senior Account Executive