lpd-problems

hi,
got some weird problems about getting running lpd with my printer.
have done a setup with the tool "printersetup" does all needed entries,
and after all adjustments as there are :
device = /dev/lp0
printerdriver = EPSON Stylus Photo 700
connected to LOCAL

and last not least an "apply" I always get "Failed to write queus"
and then appears the message :

There was a problem sending CUPS test page to 'printer' queue:

Status Information:
sending job 'root@mozart+533'to printer@localhost connecting to
'localhost', attempt 1
cannot open connection to localhost - file or directory not found
Make shure the remote host supports the LPD protocol

does anyone have a glue, whats going on here ?

I'm shure, that my printer was running with rh7.1 on the same host.
It's the same parport and the same printer "Epson Stylus Photo 700", the
same printer-cable.

Am wondering about this behavior.
your helps and ideas are really very welcome
bye hans